I kept a book log in 2019 and will strive to do the same in 2020.
- The 5th Wave – continuing my tour of post-apocalyptic young adult fiction. The first book in a three-book series.
- After the Flood – post-climate change, apocalyptic fiction.
- Your Perfect Year: a Novel – perhaps COVID-19 makes escapist fiction a little easier to read.
- In an Instant – fast-moving recovery for a family nearly destroyed by a tragic and deadly motor vehicle collision.
- The Chain – crime inspired by the awful chain letters of the 1980s.
- The Impossible First – Colin O’brady crossed Antarctica alone in a grueling test of mental and physical endurance.
- Thief River Falls – a suspenseful, psychological “who done it” in far northern Minnesota.
- The Nickel Boys: A Novel – year to date this is my favorite book. It’s an outstanding look at a segregated juvenile detention center just before the Civil Rights Act.
- Out of the Dark – the fourth book in the Orphan X series. More rip-roaring action in the style of Jack Reacher, Jack Bauer, Jason Bourne and James Bond.
- Hellbent – the third book in the page-turning Orphan X series. Fun, quick reads of totally implausible secret agent tech, tactics and combat.
- It’s the Manager – a collection of Gallup organization essays into the importance of the manager for business success.
Most of my reading is on a Kindle Fire 10.