Reading, I suppose, is a hobby. I don’t think to add as an interest on social profiles or applications, but reading for pleasure is something I do daily. Since a large amount of my work day is reading and editing non-fiction my pleasure reading is mostly non-fiction. Here’s a partial list of the books I have read in 2019.
- Calypso by David Sedaris – short essays by the famous humorist.
- Artemis by Andy Weir – a crime caper on the moon by the author of the Martian (a much better book).
- Educated: A memoir by Tara Westover – a terrific biography of personal achievement and family.
- Red Moon by Kim Stanley Robinson – a moon-based drama about politics in China.
- The Killer Collective by Barry Eisler – a crime thriller of a rogue cop and friends breaking up an international crime syndicate.
- Version Control by Dexter Palmer – I am not sure if I finished this book I began in January.
Most of my reading is on a Kindle Fire 10.