More than you care about your safety.
The long standing failure of Congress to vote on healthcare for emergency responders that become sick after working at the site of the World Trade Center collapse was finally rectified when the Senate passed a the important measure to provide healthcare and additional compensation funding.
The debate is an important reminder to me that my safety is always number one. For the rest of 2010 and into 2011 remember to:
- Wear your seatbelt – ALWAYS
- Stay off the phone or radio when you are driving
- Approach situations slowly
- Consider the short and long-term safety risks of any situation
- Regard every vehicle passing your roadside incident as an EMT seeking missile
One more time: Nobody cares about your safety more than you care about your safety.