Two flight paramedics discuss the dangers of distracted driving on a morning news program.
This is a great example of how EMS can get involved in injury prevention.
How can your service get featured on the local news?
I would try some of these things:
1. Pick a topic that is timely and of wide interest.
2. Research injury prevention resources for key points to prevent the injury or illness.
3. Email local broadcasters and pitch your story.
4. Invite them to your location or offer to send a crew to the studio.
5. Provide viewers/listeners specific and actionable tips to prevent.
Finally, make sure you walk the talk. Address distracted driving issues in your department’s vehicles and make sure you have policies and training that allow drivers to focus on driving and not on gizmos and gadgets.