A rig and equipment check is part of the start of shift routine. I have a mental list of five critical items that I always personally inspect at the start of the shift, regardless of my partner’s check or the previous crew’s report.
My top five are:
1) Bag valve mask, actually has a mask attached to the bag
2) Batteries in the laryngoscope blade power the light
3) Glucometer includes lancettes and test strips
4) Monitor battery and spare battery are fully charged
5) Defib pads are connected to monitor and not the “test plug”
What are the top items you want to personally inspect at the start of every shift?