Early this week I wrote, “A letter to the American public: The COVID-19 pandemic national emergency is a call to serve” for EMS1. I usually write to the public safety audience so this was a rare departure to address the public. In addition to the suggestions in that article here are other ways to serve by completing important actions you may have put off for community health, family support and financial planning:
- Register to become an organ donor and make sure your loved ones know your donation wishes.
- Register to become a bone marrow donor. It only takes a few minutes to collect and submit a sample.
- Create or update your end of life care documents, including a living willing and advanced directive.
- Discuss your end of life care wishes with your spouse, significant other and children.
- Automate, as your finances currently allow, contributions to your college savings accounts and retirement accounts.