This is a guest post by Wayne Guerra, MD, MBA. If you want to guest post on this blog, check out the guidelines here.
iTriage is an acute care decision tool that takes users from their symptom to the appropriate medical provider using the latest mobile and on-line technologies. While initially built for consumers, iTriage is a tool EMTs across the country are finding useful. iTriage is free to use and can be downloaded on the iPhone (http://bit.ly/6zeLiG) and Android stores, or simply put www.iTriageHealth.com into any smartphone or computer browser to access all the features. As an EMT you can:
- Get the differential diagnosis of over 300 symptoms
- Learn about 1,000 diseases including the medical work-up, treatment, and the correct specialist needed
- Find the appropriate level of care for each disease from a database including every ED, urgent care clinic, retail clinic, physician, and pharmacy in the U.S.
- In selected areas see real ER wait times (search zip code 33180 for an example, more EDs to follow)
- See images, videos, latest news and latest research on diseases and procedures
- All in the palm of your hand
Give iTriage a try and let me know your thoughts by either leaving a comment below, or by contacting me directly at email@example.com.
Wayne Guerra, MD, MBA, is apracticing emergency medicine and EMS physician from Denver, Colorado. I am the co-founder and CMO of Healthagen the creator of iTriage.