Every week should be Clean Hands Week, but this week has been designated International Clean Hands Week by the Clean Hands Coalition. This is a group I would like to be part of. I wonder if they start their meetings with a handshake or if they will do high-fives at the end of the week to celebrate increased handwashing awareness.
Follow these Everyday EMS Tips for handwashing:
1. Wash your hands often.
2. Wash your hands before and after eating.
3. Wash your hands after using the bathroom.
4. Wash with an alcohol based hand rub – we call it “hanitizer” at our house – or with soap and water.
5. Wash all hand surfaces including between your fingers.
6. Wash your hands after blowing your nose.
7. Wash your hands after shaking hands with someone else.
Finally, avoid touching other people’s hands especially while you are eating. I need to go and wash my hands. Meanwhile check out this handwashing information the CDC