Here’s a really easy recipe for applesauce that you can make at home, the fire station, ambulance station, hunting camp or office.
What you’ll need:
- Apples, washed
- Slow cooker
- Food mill
Steps to make applesauce
- Wash apples
- Cut up apples (be lazy and don’t peel the apples). Slice and dice in any manner you choose.
- Put apple pieces, including cores, in a slow cooker
- Use high- or low-temperature setting, depending on how soon you want applesauce to be done
- When apples are mush, spoon apples into food mill
- Spin into a container
- Enjoy, refrigerate or freeze