3 Ideas to Improve EMS World Expo
1. Shorter presentations or quick fire presentations with a series of presenters that each have 10-15 minutes to present a single idea, topic, or technique.
2. Online conference that features the “Best of” EMS World Expo. The top rated speaker from each track is invited to give a 20-30 abbreviated/highlights version from their EMS World Expo Presentation.
3. Participation and evaluation functionality built into the EMS World Expo app that speakers can use for real time polling during their presentations.
3 Observations about New Orleans
1. New Orleans EMS professionals are a sharp looking group. Their Class A and duty uniforms look great and are worn with pride.
2. A great cross section of humanity can be viewed by running from the convention center, along the river, through the French Quarter, and up and down Bourbon Street. I wish I had more time to run further into the city and see more of New Orleans.
3. There is lots of great food available. My favorite dishes were the Shrimp+Fish+Grits at the Sun Ray Cafe and the Smoked Oysters at the Grand Isle.
3 Things I want to see in the Exhibit Hall in 2013
1. More places to sit and chat with friends, colleagues, and customers.
2. Ambulance safety design that is a total break away (escape velocity) from the current small incremental change.
3. Healthy snacks like fruit and vegetables instead of the ubiquitous candy bowl.