Prehospital Pain Management is the focus of the current NAEMSP Dialog. The moderated discussion group is being led by top proponents of prehospital pain management.
Reading the posts and associated documents is a great way be up to date on current pain management best practices. In addition remember these pain management principles:
1. Assess pain on every patient.
2. Reassess pain after any intervention.
3. Use pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions.
4. Pain is personal and subjective.
5. Respect and empathize with patient’s pain complaints.
6. Document pain management efforts and their effectiveness.
Finally, remember on Rogue Medic’s Axiom about pain management: Severe Pain + 2mg Morphine = Severe Pain.