I have become increasingly interested in how I might use LinkedIn to:
- Increase referrals of online training products and opportunities
- Increase visits to and shares of Everyday EMS Tips content
Some of the things I have been trying:
1. Replying to every connection request. I have been writing:
“Thanks for connecting. Is there anything I can do for you or an introduction I can make?”
About half of new connections are responding. A few ask for more information about online training with CentreLearn.
2. Browsing the most recent news feed for resources, articles, and activity to read, share, and comment.
3. Posting an article. This seems to be a new feature of LinkedIn (or at least a new feature to me). For my first article, My Top Safety Tips, I repurposed an email that I have been sending to Everyday EMS Tips subscribers for several years. I am fairly impressed with the number of views and shares the article has gain in its first couple of days.
4. Requesting LinkedIn connections. My email signature block invites recipients to “Connect with me on LinkedIn.”
How are you using LinkedIn? Share your tips and ideas in the comments.