Passing the NREMT starts with taking responsibility for your own learning. Choose success.
To achieve success, do the work throughout the course:
- Go to class and sit in the front row
- Ask your teacher questions, but never ask “Do we need to know this for the test?”
- Read the textbook before class
- Take notes
- Review what you have learned
- Focus on key concepts, general principles and putting it all together
- Practice hands-on skills and simulation as often as possible
Improve your study and test taking skills:
- Try practice tests and smartphone study apps – if they seem helpful, keep using them
- Visit your school’s academic support center and take advantage of seminars to help you become a better student
- Buy a new or used study guide or book – if it seems helpful, keep using it
- Get better at taking multiple choice exams with 10 tips to prepare for a multiple choice EMS exam and 12 tips for a high score on a multiple choice test
Understand the NREMT exam, what it takes to succeed and how to succeed.
- Lots of smart people want to help you succeed. Take advantage of their articles, books, apps and presentations. Here are some articles from Dan Limmer, Art Hsieh and Bob Sullivan.
- 10 tips to succeed on the NREMT exam
- 5 expert tips for passing the NREMT exam
- 8 habits for NREMT exam success
- 10 things paramedic students need to know about new NREMT exam
- 6 things to know about the NREMT Paramedic Psychomotor Competency Portfolio