EMS Today 2017 in Salt Lake CIty was a whirlwind of education sessions, exhibit hall traverses and visiting with friends. It was also an Italian food festival for me … I turned in receipts for Sbarro, Bucca De Boppa and Olive Garden.
I attended conference sessions based on this loose criteria:
- Meeting an editorial opportunity for EMS1.com
- Presenter qualifications (Though I generally attend sessions presented by paramedics)
- Personal interest in the education materials
Here are the session reports I wrote. I attended a few sessions I didn’t write about, like a day of community paramedicine presentations, the Orlando Pulse nightclub response, how EMS is delivered in Ireland and an awesome sounding event called the EMS Gathering.
Please read, share and let me know what would make conference reports more useful.
- Diverse EMS workforce is good for business – presented by Brian LaCroix, Chief, Allina Health EMS
- How community paramedics use point-of-care devices – presented by Desiree Partain, Clinical Program Manager, MedStar Mobile Health
- How community paramedics can respond to the opioid overdose epidemic – presented by Dan Swayze, COO, Center for Emergency Medicine
- Why social networks are crucial for the care of high EMS utilizers – presented by Michael Baker, EMS Chief, Tulsa Fire Department
- Crush syndrome assessment, treatment for EMS providers – presented by Bryan Bledsoe, DO, Las Vegas