I am taking a moment today to remember the colleagues we have lost in the line of duty.
1. EMS Line of Duty Deaths 2017
EMS1 reported 11 EMT or paramedic line of duty death incidents in 2017.
2. Police Officer Line of Duty Deaths 2017
The National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund issued a preliminary report of 128 police officer deaths in 2017.
3. Firefighter Line of Duty Deaths 2017
The U.S. Fire Administration has 93 firefighter LODD records in its database for 2017.
4. Your safety is #1.
It’s been 3.5 years since I wrote this article on personal safety for EMTs and paramedics. Read the full article for more information on:
- No one cares about your safety more than you care about your safety.
- you are standing on the side of the road every motor vehicle is a paramedic seeking missile.
- Do the simple safety practices that everyone else is blowing off.
- Commit to a Zero Accident Attitude.
- Always be asking “what if?”
- Garbage on the inside equals garbage on the outside.
Thanks for your service to your community!