EMT and Paramedic students spend too much time standing around waiting for their turn to use a high fidelity patient simulator or run through an instructor led patient assessment scenario. Good educators open lots of stations. Great educators program the waiting time. Here are 10 Everyday EMS Tips activities for the waiting time.
1. Read a CE article relevant to the scenario.
2. Write the narrative for previous patient assessment scenario.
3. Review a series of drug cards before starting the scenario.
4. Answer 10 multiple choice questions.
5. Write 10 multiple choice questions.
6. Listen to a podcast segment.
7. Measure their partner’s vital signs.
8. Create 10 review flash cards.
9. Find a medical reference website.
10. Prepare two questions for review session.
Add your ideas and tips in the comments area.