Reading and running are my top two hobbies. I find both of them relaxing and refreshing. I also get a recharge or energy boost and many ideas come to me while doing both.
Today I had a fantastic run in Wausau, Wisconsin – an out and back from the soccer fields to and through downtown. The best part was the warm, but hard rainfall for five of the nearly seven miles I ran. Both my runs earlier this week (Tuesday and Thursday) were on the treadmill at the YMCA so I was glad to have the fresh, wet air in my face.
For leisure reading I mostly mix fiction, historical non-fiction and business/leadership titles. My minutes for reading tend more towards fiction as I spend most of my day reading, editing and writing non-fiction for EMS1.
- Wild by Cheryl Strayed
- Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance by Angela Duckworth
- The Age of Daredevils by Michael Clarkson
- The Last Stand: Custer, Sitting Bull, and the Battle of the Little Bighorn by Nathan Philbrick
- Beacon 23: The Complete Novel by Hugh Howey
- Wool Omnibus Edition (Wool 1 – 5) (Silo series) by Hugh Howey – just started this book
I would probably have read more in the last three months but I have been pre-occupied with Clinton vs. Trump and likely reading way too much political analysis.
Do you have any book recommendations for me heading into the fall?