At EMSConnect.com a student going from EMT-B to paramedic asked for ideas and resources to supplement the material and information he is receiving in the classroom. It is great that this student is taking the initiative to find helpful information on the web.
The web is chock full of free information. Sorting the wheat from the chafe is what makes it difficult. A few favorite websites from Everyday EMS Tips to get him started include:
1) EverydayEMSTips is a tips website is for EMT students, practicing EMTs, and EMS managers.
2) paramedic.alltop.com is an aggregation service of all the top paramedic websites.
3) the EMT Spot – this is one of my favorite blogs and has a lot of great information for students.
4) The MedicCast is a podcast and blog for EMTs. Much of the content is directed to students. The MedicCast extra (not free, but less than a $1 a day) has a ton of great resources for EMT and paramedic students
5) Use EMSConnect to connect with paramedic instructors. Ask them good questions and look for their responses to questions from other students. There is already a lot of great information there.
6) Another resource is the Turbo Medic content bundle. Like the MedicCast Extra this resource is not free, but it is packed with content to help build knowledge and confidence.