Everyday EMS geriatric assessment tips for any geriatric patient:
- Introduce yourself
- Explain your actions before and as you do them
- Ask a single question at a time
- Wait for the patient to think through their answer before interrupting with a new question or re-asking the same question
- Listen to the patient’s answer
- Only raise your voice volume if the patient has a hearing impairment
What are your assessment tips for geriatric patients?
Learn more about geriatric patient assessment in a 1.0 CECBEMS approved CE lesson from RapidCE.com. The lesson was written by paramedic, EMS educator, and CBRF owner/operator Michael Fraley.