Everyday Heroes is the theme for EMS Week 2011. Have you started brainstorming ideas of how to work the theme into your EMS Week Plans.
Here are a few of my ideas:
1. Unmask a hero. Write profiles about your agency’s EMS personnel for your Facebook page.
2. Nominate a hero. Ask each hospital you transport patients to nominate heroes among your staff.
3. Hero competition. Organize and host an EMS competition. Invite members from throughout your service area.
4. Hero lunch. Deliver subs to personnel at each station or posting location.
5. Safety hero. Recognize staff for knowing and following safety procedures
Finally, sit down with staff and discuss the word hero. What does the word me to individuals? What of our work, if any, is heroic? Do heroes need to go above and beyond to be heroic? Is the label “hero” over used?
What are your ideas for the 2011 EMS Week theme of Everyday Heroes?