Yes, I am still here and blogging. There have been some updates behind the scenes to EverydayEMSTips.com that have kept me from adding new posts. Most of the new posts for the last few weeks were written more than a month ago. Also, settling into my new job at CentreLearn and enjoying summer (family time, cycling, and marathon training) keep me away from the computer, which is a good thing. So a few tips from my experience that have served me well during this time of transition.
1. Always start any blog update with a back-up of all existing content.
2. Find experts that can make the transition as smooth as possible.
3. Be flexible in timelines. This all happened on my schedule which was nice.
4. Schedule a bunch of posts for about a month or more in advance in case the transition takes longer than anticipated. It did for me because instead of handling blog stuff I always chose to go running, cycling, or play with my kids.
5. Check with DK before you do anything big with your EMS related blog. DK is cooking up something pretty interesting for bloggers. That is all I can say.
I hear from others that web hosting is the biggest headache of having a website. During my entire online life I have been fortunate to have worked with amazing web hosting companies that provide outstanding service and communication.