Everyday EMS Tips readers. Welcome to a new year and a new decade. Great things are ahead for all of us. What are you looking forward to in 2010?
Here are three things I am looking forward to in 2010.
1. The full first episode of the Chronicles of EMS. By now I am sure you have read my raving posts about the Project that became the first reality series by and about paramedics. After watching the trailer more than ten times I can’t wait to see the full first episode. Stay tuned here and follow the Chronicles of EMS blog, Twitter account, and Facebook Fan Page for the latest information.
2. Ebook from Steve Whitehead should go live sometime this Winter. Steve is the blogger behind theEMTSpot.com – one of my favorite EMS blogs. I had the chance to read a draft of his ebook. It is fantastic. As soon as he shares this ebook with his readers I will be writing more about it. Meanwhile start reading Steve’s blog. His posts are interesting, well researched, and have something for new and experienced medics.
3. More podcasts! I will be continuing my involvement as a co-host of the EMSEduCast, hosting the Medical Author Chat, and appearing on the EMS Garage and MedicCast as often as the hosts will have me. In addition David Konig and I are launching a podcast for PIOSocialMediaTraining.com.
I am also looking forward to several podcasts that are in the planning stages. The FireCritic.com and FireDaily.com are collaborating to launch a new podcast, the Firefighternetcast.com. These guys write great fire blogs and I am looking forward to listening to their news, commentary, and content on all things fire. I am sure they will sprinkle in some EMS every now and then.
A crew of young medical professionals is launching a new podcast called Generation Medicine. The four co-hosts are fixtures in my Twitter stream and I am looking forward to their insights into the medical profession. I also will be listening to help me stay young at heart and hip to the lingo of their generation.
BONUS! Traveling to EMS conferences, events, and classrooms to meet more of you in person. I really appreciate your kind emails about this blog. It is even more powerful to meet any of you in person and hear about how much you like the tips, resources, and ebooks I produce for Everyday EMS Tips readers. Some of the travel I already have planned for 2010:
- Arrowhead EMS Conference Minnesota – January
- Wisconsin EMS Association Conference – January
- WI Technical College EMS Instructor Coordinator Conference – February
- Camp Manito-wish Wilderness First Responder Training – March
- Southeast Alaska EMS Symposium – April
- National Association of EMS Educators Conference Chicago – September
- EMS Expo Dallas – September
I am adding new events all the time. Email or call me about conference presentations and courses I teach.